When was Gulbene Municipality established?
Gulbene Municipality was established on July 1st, 2009.
What is Gulbene Municipality?
Gulbene local Municipality consists of the municipal decision-making body – Gulbene Municipality Council - elected by the population of the Gulbene Municipality and the institutions and bodies established by it.
Administrative territory of Gulbene Municipality consists of 14 administrative territorial units - Gulbene town, Belava village, Dauksti village, Druviena village, Galgauska village, Jaungulbene village, Lejasciems village, Litene village, Lizums village, Līgo village, Ranka village, Stāmeriena village, Stradu village, Tirza village.
What does Gulbene Municipality do?
The main tasks of local government are:
- providing public utilities for population (water supply and sewerage; heating; municipal waste management; wastewater collection, disposal and treatment);
- ensure the improvement and sanitation of its territory (construction, reconstruction and maintenance of streets, roads and squares; lighting of streets, squares and other areas intended for public use; establishment and maintenance of parks, squares and green spaces; control of refuse collection and disposal; flood prevention measures; establishment and maintenance of cemeteries and burial grounds for deceased animals);
- educating the population;
- to take care of culture and promote the preservation of traditional cultural values and the development of folk creativity;
- ensuring access to healthcare and promoting healthy lifestyles and sport;
- provision of social assistance to the population - social assistance to low-income families and socially disadvantaged people, places for the elderly in retirement homes, places for orphans and children without parental care in educational institutions, accommodation for the homeless, etc;
- help people to resolve housing problems;
- ensuring that children's rights and interests are protected;
- participate in public order;
- and other tasks.
What is Gulbene Municipality Council?
The Gulbene Municipality Council is made up of 15 members/deputies. They are elected by the population. Elections are held every four years.
Gulbene Municipal Council is managed by the Chairman of the Council and Vice-Chairman. They are elected by public voting from the elected members for the duration of the council's mandate.
The Council takes decisions at its meetings. The Council meetings are open to the public and are held once a month - on the last Thursday of the month.
Committees and commissions are set up to ensure the council's work and to review draft decisions. The decisions taken by the Council are executed by Gulbene Municipality Administration.
In order to ensure access to municipal services and information, Gulbene Municipality has got a Unitary State and Municipality Customer Service Centre.
Descriptions of services provided by Gulbene municipality institutions and forms for applying for services are available in the SERVICES section.
Where is Gulbene Municipality situated?
2 Ābeļu Street, Gulbene, LV-4401.
How to contact Gulbene Municipality?
Contact details for the municipal administration specialists are available HERE.
Gulbene Municipality opening hours:
- on Mondays: 8.00-12.15 and 13.00-17.00;
- on Tuesdays: 8.00-12.15 and 13.00-17.00;
- on Wednesdays: 8.00-12.15 and 13.00-17.00;
- on Thursdays: 8.00-12.15 and 13.00-17.00;
- on Fridays: 8.00-12.00 and 13.00-16.00.
Gulbene Municipality Unitary State and Municipality Customer Service Centre works without lunch break, contact us on +371 64473257.